Welcome to my website. I’m a 3D artist & software developer with a focus on FX and a background in computer science, currently based in London.
I build simulations, procedural geometry and other FX, primarily using Houdini. I also have a strong history in shading of FX, props and creatures with Arnold, Mantra and Renderman (within Houdini/Katana or Maya). Where necessary, I can also do texturing in Mari and produce slapcomps with Nuke.
My deep technical background allows me to design and implement workflows and handle more complicated shots either by combining existing tools in unexpected ways or extending them with custom code (e.g writing a Python script to automate tasks, implementing shaders in C/C++ or building realtime graphics with OpenGL).
My main tool is SideFX Houdini, in combination with Mantra, Arnold and Redshift. I'm also comfortable in TheFoundry's Nuke and Mari and have experience with Maya and Katana.
- C/C++ and OpenGL (including the Arnold and Houdini APIs)
WorkIn the past:
- MPC Film (I was the main person responsible for Detective Pikachu’s look)
- MPC Advertising, working on campaigns for Henessy, easyJet, Heineken, Qatar Airways, OPPO, as well as the Ghost in the Shell film
- FX Artist at Untold Studios, working on projects for John Lewis, Playstation as well as Netflix.
- FX Lead at Black Kite Studios
Contact me via e-mail at m.ruegenberg [at] picodesign [dot] de